Pediatric Dentists are experts in child dental care. They are skilled at making pediatric appointments engaging and fun. Pediatric dentists are well-versed in the many methods and tools required to keep children’s teeth healthy.
- They explain to patients the results of laboratory tests and x-ray images.
- They identify oral diseases.
- They offer fluoride treatments and dental services including sealants.
- They offer nutrition and diet advice.
- The conditions they treat include gum disease, cavities, tooth decay, and foul breath.
Moreover, all children’s dentists have received advanced training in behavior modification and pediatric dental procedures. General dentists may handle the majority of routine pediatric dental requirements. Pediatric dentists can promptly and effectively treat any child.
A Pediatric Dentist Treats Common Dental Diseases
Gingivitis (gum disease), misaligned teeth, mouth tumors, infections, toothaches, and teeth grinding are among the conditions that pediatric dentists typically treat. They also cure TMJ (temporomandibular joint) dysfunction, stained or discolored teeth, plaque buildup, cavities, and infant bottle tooth decay.
When Should One See a Pediatric Dentist?
Children and adolescents should regularly visit a pediatric dentist for checkups and basic care to maintain good dental health. A patient should also visit a pediatric dentist if the following symptoms appear:
- Painful, loose and/or wobbly teeth.
- Numerous dental problems like delayed tooth emergence, discolored, or stained teeth, swollen gums, foul breath and dry mouth.
the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry advises that children visit the pediatric dentist no later than 12 months of age and no later than 6 months after the eruption of the first tooth.
Why Would Your Child Benefit From Seeing a Pediatric Dentist?
As a parent, one must realize that your young child needs to visit the dentist. However, this does not imply that you take your kid to the dentist down the street. The child requires pediatric dental care.
A pediatric dentist is ideal for your child for the following reasons:
- Pediatric Dentists are familiar with children’s behavior
- Pediatric Dentists provide thorough care.
- Teaching young children oral hygiene will help them avoid cavities and major tooth decay.
Generally, the child can receive care from the family dentist, although it is always more convenient to choose a pediatric dentist. A trip to Rincon Family Dentistry in Tucson, Arizona, will surely prevent the child from having any unpleasant experiences. One can contact us or come to our office if they need a pediatric dentist in Tucson for their kids.